European Tour of Michael Gordon’s Rushes
From November 8-16 I performed with the Rushes Ensemble throughout The Netherlands and Belgium performing Michael Gordon’s new hour-long work for seven bassoons. The piece is a result of the New Music Bassoon Commissioning Fund spearheaded by Dana Jessen. The ensemble is made up of seven of the United Statesâ€™ leading performers of contemporary bassoon music: Dana Jessen, Rachael Elliott, Michael Harley, Lynn Hileman, Jeffrey Lyman, Saxton Rose, and Maya Stone. We performed the following concerts.
- November 8th at the November Music Festival in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands
- November 10th at the GLOW Festival in Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- November 11th at the Concertgebouw Brugge in Brugge, Belgium
- November 15th at the Ostadetheater in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- November 16th at the Korzo Theater in Den Haag, the Netherlands