Posted on February 20, 2009
William Ludwig, professor of bassoon at Indiana University – Bloomington, presented a master class and recital at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem, NC on Thursday, February 19th. The master class took place from 2:00-4:00pm in Hood Recital Hall in the Gray Building and the recital was in Watson Hall at 6:00pm. It was a great pleasure to have one of the foremost performers and teachers in the US at UNCSA. Photos from the event.
William Ludwig joined the faculty of the IU Jacobs School of Music in August of 2007. Previous to this appointment he had been Professor of Bassoon at Louisiana State University since 1985. For the last seven summers he has been in residence at the Brevard Music Center as principal bassoon and artist faculty.
His orchestral experience includes principal bassoon with the Baton Rouge Symphony (1986-2007) and the Florida Orchestra (1980-1985). A noted chamber musician he has performed in a wide variety of settings in the United States and Europe, including at the Prague Spring International Music Festival and Highlands (NC) Chamber Music Festival and with the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, Timm Wind Quintet and Ars Nova Wind Quintet. He was artist-in-residence at the State University of New York-Stony Brook Department of Music from 1989 to 1994 concurrently with his LSU appointment and taught at the University of South Florida from 1979 to 1985. He holds degrees from Louisiana State University and Yale School of Music and studied with John Patterson, Sol Schoenbach, Leonard Sharrow, Bernard Garfield and Arthur Weisberg.
- Dark In The Song (8)
- News (87)
- Past Performances (140)
- Photography (1)
- Technology (6)
- Travel (34)
- UNCSA (37)
- Zephyros Winds (4)
Get the Feed
Latest Notebook Entries
- Rite of Spring with Orchestra of St. Luke’s
- Concert with Zephyros Winds at Saint Francis College in Brooklyn, NY
- Performance as concerto soloist of Dana Wilson’s Avatar Concerto
- First Performances with Zéphyros Wind Quintet
- Performances with Ventus Wind Quintet
- Performances of Mozart’s Bassoon Concerto with Winston-Salem Symphony
- Performances and master classes in Chengdu, China
- Mejunje del Fagobongo Recording Released
- European Tour of Michael Gordon’s Rushes