Posted on June 23, 2010
My contemporary bassoon ensemble, Dark in the Song performed June 16th at The White Mule, a music bar in Columbia, SC as part of the 21 Sounds new music series. Below is some video from the show.
On June 22nd we performed at the International Double Reed Society conference in Norman, OK.
On the program were exciting works from Pulitzer Prize-winning composer David Lang Press Release, Dutch “avant-pop” composer Jacob Ter Veldius Pitch Black and Billie, “avant cellist” Zoe Keating, Tayloe Harding and George Fetner (whose Black Lion features guitar effects pedals and an unofficial world premiere from Baltimore-based microtonal composer David Smooke.
- Dark In The Song (8)
- News (81)
- Past Performances (134)
- Photography (1)
- Technology (6)
- Travel (32)
- UNCSA (34)
- Zephyros Winds (3)
Get the Feed
Latest Notebook Entries
- First Performances with Zéphyros Wind Quintet
- Performances of Mozart’s Bassoon Concerto with Winston-Salem Symphony
- Mejunje del Fagobongo Recording Released
- European Tour of Michael Gordon’s Rushes
- UNCSA Contemporary Music Ensemble
- World Premiere of Michael Gordon’s Rushes
- Tchaikovsky 5 with Winston-Salem Symphony
- Copland Sym. No. 3 with Winston-Salem Symphony
- Organ Benefit Concert 2012