Posted on June 23, 2010
My contemporary bassoon ensemble, Dark in the Song performed June 16th at The White Mule, a music bar in Columbia, SC as part of the 21 Sounds new music series. Below is some video from the show.
On June 22nd we performed at the International Double Reed Society conference in Norman, OK.
On the program were exciting works from Pulitzer Prize-winning composer David Lang Press Release, Dutch “avant-pop” composer Jacob Ter Veldius Pitch Black and Billie, “avant cellist” Zoe Keating, Tayloe Harding and George Fetner (whose Black Lion features guitar effects pedals and an unofficial world premiere from Baltimore-based microtonal composer David Smooke.
- Dark In The Song (9)
- News (91)
- Past Performances (142)
- Photography (1)
- Technology (6)
- Travel (36)
- UNCSA (38)
- Zephyros Winds (5)
Get the Feed
Latest Notebook Entries
- Beethoven 4th Symphony Concert Reviews
- Recital and Master Classes in Mexico City, December 2-5
- Performance of the Weber Bassoon Concerto with Fayetteville Symphony
- 2013-2014 Performance and Events Schedule
- Rite of Spring with Orchestra of St. Luke’s
- Concert with Zephyros Winds at Saint Francis College in Brooklyn, NY
- Performance as concerto soloist of Dana Wilson’s Avatar Concerto
- First Performances with Zéphyros Wind Quintet
- Performances with Ventus Wind Quintet