Posted on April 23, 2012
Again this summer I’m excited to welcome bassoon students of all ages to the campus of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem, NC for our Summer Bassoon Workshop. From June 24th to 29th, students can immerse themselves in the study of all things bassoon with UNCSA bassoon professor Saxton Rose. This intense one-week program includes private lessons, reed making classes, orchestral excerpt and college audition preparation, performance skills clinics, and master classes on a variety of bassoon related topics. Recital performances and chamber music collaboration with other summer workshop students complete this fun and intensive personal program of study. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Sample Day Schedule
9am: Reed Making Workshop
10am: Master Class
2pm: Daily Clinic on topics such as audition preparation, articulation, strategies to improve technique.
4pm: Double Reed and Bassoon Ensemble Rehearsal
8pm: Evening Social Activities
Fees and Deadlines
Tuition for all students is $430. Room and board (optional) for all students is $450. Student life fees for high school students are $134, and for college students fees are $106. Some scholarship is available.
The registration deadline is June 1st.
- Dark In The Song (9)
- News (91)
- Past Performances (142)
- Photography (1)
- Technology (6)
- Travel (36)
- UNCSA (38)
- Zephyros Winds (5)
Get the Feed
Latest Notebook Entries
- Beethoven 4th Symphony Concert Reviews
- Recital and Master Classes in Mexico City, December 2-5
- Performance of the Weber Bassoon Concerto with Fayetteville Symphony
- 2013-2014 Performance and Events Schedule
- Rite of Spring with Orchestra of St. Luke’s
- Concert with Zephyros Winds at Saint Francis College in Brooklyn, NY
- Performance as concerto soloist of Dana Wilson’s Avatar Concerto
- First Performances with Zéphyros Wind Quintet
- Performances with Ventus Wind Quintet