IDRS 2010 Conference Performance – Bassoons and Ghetto Blaster
I’m excited to have learned that I will be performing at the International Double Reed Society Conference again this summer with our newly formed bassoon ensemble. The recital (Tuesday, June 22 at 4pm in Sharp Concert Hall) is entitled ‘Music for Bassoons and Ghetto Blaster’ and will feature new music and new arrangements for amplified bassoon and amplified bassoon ensemble with prepared tape and onstage video projection. Our as yet unnamed group is Rachael Elliott, Michael Harley, Lynn Hileman, Peter Kolkay and myself.
Here’s the program:
Music for Bassoons and Ghetto Blaster
- 21 Miles to Coolville (2009) *World Premiere, by David Smooke for solo bassoon and three accompanying bassoons with video projection.
Michael Harley with Rachael Elliott, Peter Kolkay and Lynn Hileman
- Billie (2003) by Jacob Ter Veldhuis for bassoon and ghetto blaster (prepared tape).
Arranged for bassoon and performed by Saxton Rose
- Tetrishead (2004) by Zoe Keating. Arranged for four bassoons by Lynn Hileman.
Rachael Elliott, Michael Harley, Lynn Hileman and Saxton Rose
- Press Release (1991) by David Lang for solo amplified bassoon.
Performed by Rachael Elliott
- Pitch Black (1998) by Jacob Ter Veldhuis for bassoon ensemble and ghetto blaster (prepared tape). Arranged for bassoons by Saxton Rose.
Rachael Elliott, Michael Harley, Lynn Hileman, Peter Kolkay and Saxton Rose