Tuple Bassoon Duo Recital and Master class at UNCSA
Bassoonists Lynn Hileman and Rachael Elliott (pictured below) performed a recital and master class at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts Tuesday, December 8th at 4:30pm in Hood Recital Hall. Students of Saxton Rose performed in the master class and the recital program included the works below.
- Bounce (1988), Michael Daugherty
- Duo Sonata (1977), Sofia Gubaidulina
- Nocturnal Residents (1989), Chiel Meijering
- Lacrimosa (1991), Louis Andriessen
- Black (2008), Marc Mellits
More photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/saxton/tags/tuple/
Tuple is dedicated to exploring and expanding the contemporary repertoire for two bassoons, with a virtuosic repertoire spanning Russian mystical, funk-inspired American, and other modern genres, from absurdist to minimalist, electronic to static.